ASHBi welcomes highly motivated researchers and professionals who wish to join its mission of creating a new “human biology”. Job opportunities are available in both our research areas and our administrative offices as follows.
ASHBi also provides a support program by skilled professionals for foreign researchers so that they can start their research activities smoothly after their arrival in Japan.
- Program-Specific Assistant Professor, Mathematical Biology and Medicine Group (Seirin Group)
- Program-Specific Assistant Professor, Primate Nephrology Group (Yanagita Group)
- Program-Specific Researcher, Primate Nephrology Group (Yanagita Group)
- Program-Specific Researcher, Mathematical Biology and Medicine Group (Seirin Group)
- Program-Specific Researcher, Comparative Developmental Neurobiology Group (Eiraku Group)
- Program-Specific Assistant Professor, Developmental Biology Group (Hiiragi Group)
- Program-Specific Researcher, Developmental Biology Group (Hiiragi Group)
- Program-Specific Researcher, Single-Cell Genome Information Analysis Core (SignAC)
- Program-Specific Researcher, Stem Cell Biology/Hematology Group (R. Yamamoto Group)
- (No opportunity)
- (No opportunity)
JSPS Fellowship for Overseas Researchers
In addition to the regular ASHBi positions, foreign researchers can work at ASHBi on other opportunities. Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) provides fellowship programs (International collaborations) for inviting overseas researchers to Japan as below.
Institutional Supports for Overseas Researchers
Research Acceleration Unit of ASHBi, consisting of skilled professionals (research coordinators), provides a support program to resolve the problems which foreign investigators face when they coming to Japan. We have established a platform run by the research coordinators and English-speaker secretaries to provide administrative supports (e.g. expensing, recruiting, and application submitting) when foreign investigators start their research activity at ASHBi. For more information about this platform, visit the web page below.
Furthermore, we provide necessary support for visas, arrival and living in Japan for researchers and their families in collaboration with the Overseas Research Support Office of Kyoto University Institute for Advanced Study (ORSO-KUIAS). For detailed information about visas, visit Kyoto University International Service office website.
Life at ASHBi/Kyoto
Visit the web page below for information on Kyoto culture and living, immigration procedures, housing and education, and other related topics.